The Ornamental Plant Pathology Program consists of a dynamic team of researchers in at the WSU Puyallup Research and Extension Center in Puyallup, Washington. We strive to promote plant health for many of Washington’s specialty crops and natural resources by conducting research in the field, greenhouse, and our laboratory.
Our team consists of about 10 professionals ranging from volunteers to research associates, including postdocs and many technicians. There are often many opportunities to join our team because of our diverse research interests and stakeholders.
Current opportunities to join our team are listed below. Please check back regularly for more opportunities and information. You can also contact us if you’re interested in joining our team and none of the opportunities below fit your interests or experience.
- Plant Pathology Lab Assistant
- Please check back again soon or contact us for information about the possible positions we will have available in the future.
- We currently seek a Data Collection Volunteer to help collect data from our weather stations around the WSU Puyallup Research and Extension Center. Click here to see the announcement.
Student Projects and Internship Opportunities
- Internship: Eradication of exotic pests and pathogens using steam
- Ongoing: There are many opportunities for local high-school and college students to contribute to research in our program. Please visit this page to see examples of previous projects and contact us for more information.
WSU Puyallup Research & Extension Center
2606 West Pioneer
Puyallup, WA, 98371-4998 USA