Are you interested in keeping Phytophthora ramorum and other diseases out of your nursery?
Here are some resources to help you get started:
- Phytophthora Online Course: Training for Nursery Growers (OSU Professional and Continuing Education)
- Best Management Practices Online Tool (University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources Nursery and Floriculture Alliance)
Management of P. ramorum in nurseries
- Managing Phytophthora diseases in the nursery – photos, links, and other information about critical control points for Phytophthora diseases.
- “How to keep P. ramorum out of your nursery” brochure (pdf)
- Oregon’s Grower Assisted Inspection Program (GAIP)
- Canadian P. ramorum Certification program
- Phytophthora ramorum Nursery Industry Best Management Practices Manual provided by the California Association of Nurseries and Garden Centers (CANGC), (September 2008)
We also offer a Critical Control Point assessment, where you will learn best management practices suited to your nursery or garden.
Regulations: State and Federal regulations concerning P. ramorum.
General information for nursery production
Raising and Selling Ornamental Nursery Stock in Washington State by Charles Brun, WSU Extension publication EM102E
Best management Practices Poster:
This poster illustrates best management practices for preventing disease and pest problems in gardens and nurseries. It can be posted in a break room or other common area to educate workers, volunteers, and others. Available in English and Spanish versions. Download the pdf for printing:
Or contact Marianne Elliott to obtain the print version (24″ x 16.5″)