Welcome to the WSU madrone research website. Here you will find information on
- About Pacific Madrone: General information on propagating madrone, its ecology, champion trees, and more.
- Diseases and Pests: find out what’s killing these trees.
- Research Projects: Common garden study, disease resistance, identifying foliar pathogens, etc.
- Pacific madrone in the news
- Distribution of Pacific madrone – photos and maps showing the distribution of Pacific madrone and types of environments where it can be found.
- The seed collection – locations where seed has been collected, seed available for experiments and plantings.
“The Future of Pacific Madrone” Mini-conference held April 19-20 2016 at WSU Puyallup.
Common garden plantings have been established in each of California, Oregon, and Washington states, and two sites in British Columbia. Read more about the project here.
A serious foliar blight affected Pacific madrone in 2011. Read about it here. We would like more information about these trees, both healthy and diseased. As before, send your descriptions and photos. For more information, click here.
We are setting up a mailing list to keep people informed about this project. If you would like to be on it, email Marianne.